Making the Move

For years I have had a passion for makeup. When I was 12 years old, my parents paid for me to do a modelling and self confidence course with the AliMcD Modelling Agency here in Dunedin. This course also showed me the world of beauty and makeup. I think this is where it all started. We learnt the basics about makeup, the do's and don'ts, applying it to ourselves etc. When it came to photoshoot time, I was obsessed with how my makeup looked for it. From then on, I made it a mission of mine to keep up with the makeup and beauty industry.

A few years on, I started using my mothers makeup, of course telling her that I was using my own. I was amazed with the way makeup can hide but also accentuate features. I started to collect more of my own makeup, whether it was cheap drug store products, or products I had 'borrowed' from my mothers makeup bag. I would watch so many YouTube tutorials to procrastinate from my school work. Once I was about 19/20 years old, my collection had become so big that I wondered if I was a makeup hoarder.. I finally got a good makeup set up with a desk and drawers, a nice mirror and somewhat decent lighting.

Last year I competed in a bodybuilding competition (a bit off track but still part of the story) and did my own makeup for the show. Throughout the day, I had fellow competitors and spectators asking where I went to get my makeup done and who had done it. This was when I realised that maybe I should pursue my passion for makeup. A few weeks later, I had a friend who was also competing ask if I could do her makeup for her competition day. She absolutely loved it, and said that I should look at doing this more. That further convinced me that 'yes Charlotte, you should do it'.

So here we are!

Comments

Popular Posts